Songs With Numbers In The Title 80s - Updated June 2023
Songs With Numbers In The Title 80s are 1. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks 2. 1999 by Prince 3. 99 Luftbaloons and much more.
The 1980s were one of the most daring, expressive, and forward-thinking decades when it came to music. Almost every genre had bands and artists that were pushing the envelope and doing hitherto unheard-of things.
After all, there is a reason why even now, almost half a century removed from the decade, we are still constantly revisiting it in our own popular culture and music.
In this article, we will be looking at one facet of that daringness by looking at songs from a variety of genres that had numbers in their title.
From Rock to Rap to Pop to R&B, no genre from the 1980s will be left untouched as we excavate some great hits with numbers in the names.
You May Like:
Famous Songs With Numbers In The Title
Famous Songs With Numbers In The Title are 1. Summer of '69 2. Another One Bites the Dust 3. One Heartbeat. Here are 10 of the most famous 80s songs:
- Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
- 1999 by Prince
- 99 Luftbaloons by Nena
- Summer of '69 by Bryan Adams
- Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
- One Heartbeat by Smokey Robinson
- 867-5309/Jenny by Tommy Tutone
- One More Night by Phil Collins
- Goody Two Shoes by Adam Ant
- (I'm Gonna Be) 500 Miles by The Proclaimers
The above 10 songs are some of the most popular songs of the decade.
They encapsulate not only the poppiest sides of the 80s but also the diversity as we can see we have Rock, Pop, Soul and even some novelty tracks snugly against each other.
Rock Songs With Numbers In The Title
Rock Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. 18 and Life 2. 99 in the Shade 3. One Word. Here are some Rock songs from the 80s with numbers in their names:
- 18 and Life by Skid Row
- 99 In The Shade by Bon Jovi
- One Word by Heart
- One Lonely Night by REO Speedwagon
- A.D. 1928 by Styx
- Million Dollar Girl by Eddie Money
- Just One Kiss by Rick Springfield
- The Only One by Huey Lewis & The News
- One On One by Hall & Oates
- 32 by Mr. Mister
Rock had completely splintered in the 1980s and came to mean many different things to many different people. The bands collated in this list are seen as mainstream rockers.
These bands and artists are the ones who were vastly more popular in their day than now.
Country Songs With Numbers In The Title
Country Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. 9 to 5 2. One Man Woman 3. Seven Year Ache. Here are some more Country songs with numbers for names:
- 9 to 5 by Dolly Parton
- One Man Woman by The Judds
- Seven Year Ache by Roseanne Cash
- I Ain't The One by Waylon Jennings and Jessi Colter
- 80 Proof Bottle of Tear Stopper by George Strait
- One Love At A Time by Tanya Tucker
- Ten Feet Away by Keith Whitley
- When Two Worlds Collide by Willie Nelson
- Love in the First Degree by Alabama
- Twenty Years Ago by Juice Newton
Country music in the 1980s was seeing a shift. There was one side which was intent on returning to its roots while another side was openly flirting with Pop music.
Seeing where Country music is now can make clear which side won.
Songs With Numbers In The Title Rap
Rap Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. 3-Minute Rule 2. 30 Days 3. Public Enemy No. 1. Here are ten more 80s rap songs:
- 3-Minute Rule by Beastie Boys
- 30 Days by Run DMC
- Public Enemy No. 1 by Public Enemy
- Paid in Full - Seven Minutes of Madness by Eric B & Rakim
- 9mm Goes Bang by Boogie Down Productions
- What U Waitin 4? by Jungle Brothers
- This is a Recording 4 Living in a Fulltime ERA by De La Soul
- I Ain't Tha 1 by N.W.A
- It Takes Two by Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock
- 6 'N the Mornin' by Ice-T
80s rap was vastly different than how we understand the genre now. It was a lot goofier and the rhymes were simpler, but the cornerstone of the genre had been set.
Classic Rock songs With Numbers In The Title
Classic Rock songs with Numbers In The Title include 1. Dance (Pt. 1) 2. The Quiet One 3. One of the Few. Here are some tunes from the old legends of the genre:
- Dance (Pt. 1) by The Rolling Stones
- The Quiet One by The Who
- One of the Few by Pink Floyd
- Zeroes by David Bowie
- One World (Not Three) by The Police
- Johnny 99 By Bruce Springsteen
- Song No. 4 (Satellite) by Yes
- One Year Of Love by Queen
- Justice And Independence '85 by John Cougar Mellencamp
- One More Time by The Clash
In the 1980s, many bands from the previous decades (60s and 70s) were seeing a second wind in their careers. Perhaps due to the rise in technology, the coming ennui of age, or the competition from newer groups, old rockers ended up performing some of their greatest songs.
Metal Songs With Numbers In The Title
Metal Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. Ace of Spades 2. One 3. One Foot Out The Door. Here are some popular Metal songs from the 80s:
- Ace of Spades by Motorhead
- One by Metallica
- One Foot Out the Door by Van Halen
- Switch 625 by Def Leppard
- 1984 by Van Halen
- First Strike Is Deadly by Testament
- I'm Eighteen by Anthrax
- 22 Acacia Avenue by Iron Maiden
- One Night In The City by Dio
- E5150 by Black Sabbath
Metal finally broke into the mainstream in the 1980s through the rise of thrash metal bands like Metallica and Anthrax. Such bands broke from the underground to have hits on the Hot 100, which was hitherto unheard of.
In fact, though the genre has a lot of cultural capital now, it never saw as great a mainstream recognition as it did in the 1980s.
R&B Songs With Numbers In The Title
R&B Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. I Would Die 4U 2. Never as Good as the First Time 3. A Million To One. Here are 10 of these sorts of songs:
- I Would Die 4U by Prince
- Never As Good as the First Time by Sade
- A Million To One by New Edition
- You're The Sweetest One by Luther Vandross
- Two To The Power of Love by Janet Jackson
- One Million Kisses by Chaka Khan
- Seventeen by Bobby Brown
- Send One Your Love by Stevie Wonder
- One The One by Cameo
- 1999 by Prince
Through the success of acts like Michael Jackson and Prince, R&B also started to be felt more in the popular sphere rather than just in its own niche.
In fact, many popular acts started applying R&B to their pop tunes to the point that nowadays, pop music and R&B have become almost synonymous to each other.
Indie Songs With Numbers In The Title
Indie Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. Blue Monday '88 2. Six Different Ways 3. I Want The One I Can't Have. Here are 10 Indie songs:
- Blue Monday '88 by New Order
- Six Different Ways by The Cure
- I Want The One I Can't Have by The Smiths
- Deep One Perfect Morning by The Jesus and Mary Chain
- 53 Miles From Venus by The B-52's
- 9-9 by R.E.M.
- No 13 Baby by Pixies
- This Is The One by The Stone Roses
- Twenty-Four-Hour Party People
- Sixteen Blue by The Replacements
Indie Rock music carved its own niche in the 1980s as it separated from both mainstream and classic rock.
A mix of various offshoots of Punk, Alt-Rock, and Jangly music, Indie Rock has since become something of a monolith in Rock music nowadays.
Songs With Numbers In the Title 2000s
2000s Songs With Numbers In the Title include 1. Baby One More Time 2. Obstacle 1 3. One More Robot. Here is some of them:
- Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- Obstacle 1 by Interpol
- One More Robot by The Flaming Lips
- 15 Step by Radiohead
- Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear
- 12:51 by The Strokes
- 505 by Arctic Monkeys
- '03 Bonnie & Clyde by Beyonce
- 99 Problems by Jay-Z
- 21 Questions by 50 Cent
Kpop Songs With Numbers In The Title
Kpop Songs With Numbers In The Title include 1. 24/7 2. 6 to 9 3. 1-2. Here is a list of ten of them:
- 24/7 by 2YOON
- 6 to 9 by Crush
- 1-2 by Code Kunst
- 10.18.14 by E Sens
- One, Two, Three by Eun Ju Won
- 3.6.5 by EXO
- 1-4-3 by Henry
- 1-2 Step by Jessi
- 1, 2, 3, 4 by Koyote
- One Two Three N' Four by Lee Hyori
New Kids On The Block Original Members Names And Ages
New Kids on the Block original members are Jordan Knight, Donnie Wahlberg, Joey McIntyre, Danny Wood, and Jonathan Knight. NKOTB is a boy band. Mark Wahlberg and Jamie Kelly were also once with the band for a few months before they left of their own...
Aphex Twin Wife Anastasia Rybina Is A Musician
Aphex Twin wife Anastasia Rybina is a Musician, AV artist, and Technician at School of Art. Anastasia serves as a language and voice coach at Mimicry School. Speaking of her husband, Aphex was born Richard David James. The Irish-born British musicia...